COVID-19 is changing the way consumers access health care, impacting their care selection, location and cost decisions.
We commissioned a survey to assess consumer sentiment of health care in light of COVID-19. Our survey reveals the pandemic’s specific impacts on U.S. adults include:
• 43% had a health care service canceled or delayed due to COVID-19
• 66% say their biggest concern related to COVID-19 is their health and/or
their family’s health
• 79% report feeling frustrated or stressed about the pandemic
• 51% worry they will be unable to get an appointment scheduled for a
service in a timely manner
• Nearly half (47%) will change how they access care as a result of the
• 47% are more concerned about the cost of care now than they were before
Consumers will select care differently than they have in the past, looking for higher quality, lower cost and more accessible care. Sapphire Digital’s SmartShopper platform empowers Americans to shop for and compare care options, helping them choose high-value care and driving savings for themselves, health plans and employers. SmartShopper, coupled with concierge services, provides consumers personalized assistance to seamlessly navigate the everchanging health care system today and in the future.